Monday, July 26, 2010

I'm a knitter!

But first, a crochet project I'm particularly proud of. Not because it's perfect or anything but because I first started this blanket over a year ago and when I began it was REALLY HARD. But I finally finished it in May or June and it's so snuggly.

Solas Camoah

I learned how to crochet some years ago (5? 6? 7? Not sure) but shied away from knitting because I remember my mom trying to teach me when I was a kid and having the hardest time with it. I'm not sure why but I got the urge to try again a few weeks ago. At first it was terrible! I couldn't get the yarn through the loops, everything was too tight and I basically just couldn't make heads or tails out of what I was doing. But eventually it clicked and became easier. I was still terrible but at least I was making progress and continued to practice until I felt ready for a project. These three little dishcloths:

Dishcloths

And then this striped one (realizing after I started that I had no idea how to switch yarn for the stripes):

Clover Tweed Dishcloth

Yay! They aren't perfect at all. The first one I did is rather, well, not very good. But I'm getting better! I still love crochet, it's just so versatile! But the drape you get with knitting is so scrumptious I'm glad I now have it as an option—assuming I get beyond making simple dishcloths.

 

And for a good laugh, my 4 year old asked me this morning if I could make him a sweater after lunch. Haha! Sure kiddo, I'll just whip one out right now. Pffft

2 comments:

Melzer said...

I would use one of your dishcloths with pride. :) i think your craft is awesome.

Unknown said...

Fantastic--they are all beautiful! BTW it's the imperfections which prove it was made by hand & with love. :) I admire your perseverance! Well done!

Post a Comment

Contact me: Woodlandhomeschool at Gmail dot com